The Practice Charter
Our Practice Charter for GPs and Patients
Your doctors will always do their best for you. But they need your help to provide the best care for all patients. Please show your support by following these simple guidelines:
- Please treat your doctors and their staff as you would expect to be treated by them - with politeness and respect
- Please cancel appointments that you cannot attend or no longer need - someone else will be able to use your appointment
- Please think twice before calling the doctor to your home - is a visit really necessary?
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the surgery - good advice is often the best treatment
- Please remember you can find basic health information elsewhere - for example your local pharmacist and the internet
- Please request your repeat prescription in good time - we aim to provide repeat prescriptions within two working days
- We will try to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment and inform you if your appointment is expected to be delayed
- Please be assured that we will treat your health records in the strictest confidence
- Please remember that doctors are only human, they cannot solve all your problems and some illnesses unfortunately cannot be cured
- If you do have a genuine complaint, please contact the practice manager first. This is the quickest way to solve any problems.